node Soil Moisture - Wireless Sensor - HOBO - W-SMC
The country of origin for this product is the United States. To see the full specifications for this product, please see our product manual found under the documentation tab if available.
- Measurement Range:0 to 100% volumetric water content (m^3/m^3)
- Accuracy - 3.1% (m^3/m^3)
- Resolution - 0.07% (m^3/m^3)
- Sample rate -1 reading per minute
- Battery life - 1 yr typical w/o charging; 3 yrs typical w/ solar charging
- Size -16.5cm x 5cm; 3.7m cable to sensor (6.5" x 2"; 12' cable)
- Memory - None in HOBOnodes; requires HOBOnode Viewer to be running for data storage.
- Transmission range - 150 to 300 m (500 to 1000 ft) range with clear line-of-sight. Any obstructions such as vegetation or walls will reduce range significantly.
- Wireless Data Standard - IEEE 802.15.4, 2.4 GHz ISM band (license free worldwide) - Click here for local RF Regulation Compliance
- Operating Range -20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F) - with optional Lithium Batteries: -40° to 50°C (-40° to 122°F) - Use optional Lithium Batteries in low-temerature and high-temperature applications.
- Environmental rating - HOBOnodes and Receiver: NEMA 6P, IP68; Repeater: NEMA 4X
- recommend 8' x 1-1/4", schedule 40 PVC pipe for mounting (purchase through local building supply store)
- for windy locations we also recommend our Guy Wire Kit (M-GWK) and ½" Stake Kit (M-SKA)
- note that the HOBOnodes should not be mounted on or near metal surfaces.